What Should I Do After My Massage?
Massage is perfect for relieving stress, alleviating pain and promoting overall well being. Whether your getting a massage to manage stress or for healing purposes, there are ways to further enjoy the many benefits of massage even after leaving the massage table.
Here are a few tips Coastal Massage Bodywork has compiled to help you ensure you get the most out of your massage.
1. One of the most common reasons people seek massage is to help relieve stress. While massage therapy will definitely help you manage your stress levels, you can maintain this relaxation by learning to reduce strain and stress on your body. For example, take the time to learn breathing techniques and how to let go of tension you are holding on to.
2. Take care of your body by maintaining a healthy body and lifestyle. You can do this by drinking plenty of water, eating healthy nourishing foods and getting plenty of exercise.
3. Water is beneficial for reducing muscle soreness and removing any toxins released during the massage session.
4. Eating foods filled with nutrient goodness will help repair your muscles more quickly. Vitamins and minerals help your body function at its best as well as give you the tools you need to combat stress and tension.
5. Just like massage, exercise can invigorate your body and help keep your muscles active. Exercise is great for relieving tension, releasing endorphins and relieving stress.