Lindsey chose Massage Therapy as a career knowing she could be an influential part in enhancing the quality of life in others. At the age of 6, Lindsey was diagnosed with Idiopathic Structural Scoliosis, a permanent and abnormal curvature of the spine. Due to the severity and angle of the curve she was put in a 20hr/day back brace for a year in hopes of stopping the curve’s angle from increasing. After being monitored for 8 years the Scoliosis remained at a steady spinal curve angle, therefore forgoing surgery.
After dealing with this physical and emotional experience at such a young age and continuing to cope with chronic back pain she knew she needed to help others dealing with physical and emotional challenges in a beneficial way.
Lindsey enjoys all aspects of Massage Therapy. She loves practicing pre-natal massage knowing how uncomfortable pregnancy can be at times. She also enjoys techniques such as trigger point therapy to help clients dealing with problematic issues. Also, when you just need some time to yourself to get away, you can never go wrong with a relaxing full body Swedish Massage … Believe it or not, it’s extremely relaxing for the therapist as well.
- Lindsey received her license as a Massage and Bodywork Therapist in Syracuse, New York at the Onondaga School of therapeutic massage.
- The school curriculum required 1000 hours of study and hands-on, clinical bodywork.
- Lindsey graduated as Valedictorian of her class. She had the pleasure of tutoring her classmates in Anatomy & Physiology, Myology, and Pathology.
- Hiking the gorges in Ithaca NY with her family
- Reading a good book on the beach
- Lindsey loves staying in with a good movie and some popcorn
Ready to book a massage, body treatment, or purchase a gift certificate with Lindsey?
Schedule online or call (910) 208-4161
Book Appointment Today!